When the state of assam first bifurcated in 1972, the state of Meghalaya born. It has only two borders with one internal bordering with assam and the other international bordering with the country of bangladesh. The ethnic communities of Meghalaya reflects unique from other state culture and traditions. The Khasis originated from Mon-Khmer ancestry, the Garos are if ancestrak if Tibeto-Burman ancestry while the Jaintias are ought to be from southern east part of Asia. All these 3 communities are termed matrilineal as they take family lineage from the mother’s side.
The annual public holidays circular is issued on yearly basis by the Government of Meghalaya state. The holidays further classified into 3 main list of Holidays otherwise known as Annexures.
- On the holidays listed in Annexure I, the government, courts and schools are shut. And the festivals added are Republic Day, Holi, Maha Navami, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day.
- Annexure II encompasses the Restricted Holidays where the workers have permission to fix to 2 number of paid holidays for the upcoming new year calendar 2017.
- Annexure III lists holidays determined under sec. 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act 1881 for the festival celebrations such as Kali Puja, Beh Deinkhlam, and Wangala Festival. The annual closing of bank account is for bank employees only is the holiday meant for.
|26 Jan||Thu||Republic Day|
|15 Aug||Tue||Independence Day|
|2 Oct||Mon||Mahatma Gandhi’s|
- meghalaya holidays 2017
- holiday list 2017 meghalaya
- holiday list 2017 in meghalaya state
- meghalaya bank holiday 2017
- meghalaya public holidays 2017
- state holiday in meghalaya 2017
- sikkim lottary ruselt
- nagaland state lotterles pm4
- Datt calendar 2017Pdf
- meghalaya 2017 holiday