How Thrilling a 4 Nights & 5 Days in Darjeeling Gangtok?
Exploring the North East India lined with Buddhist Monasteries, serene lakes, wonderful sightseeing places and ancient shrines is a grandeur for all tourists from all over the world. Gangtok & Darjeeling are the two big destinations of North East India. Watching a breathtaking view of sunrise at Tiger Hill, Riding in Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Toy Train, Visiting Happy Valley Tea estate, Seeking blessings at Enchey Monastery, enjoying Cable car ride and yak ride at Tsomgo Lake are the takeback memories of a lifetime.
Darjeeling Gangtok Trip Highlights
- See Tiger Hill to set eyes on a beautiful sunrise
- Unforgettable Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Toy Train Ride
- Visit Directorate of Handicraft & Handloom, White Hall and Flower Show
- Droving a cable car ride in Darjeeling & Gangtok
- Yak ride at Tsomgo Lake & Visiting Baba Mandir
- Adventure Rumtek Monastery, Do-drul Chorten & Research Institute of Tibetology
- Go to Happy Valley Tea estate, Batasia Loop, Ghoom Monastery, Peace pagoda,& Japanese Temple
- Day 1 you will arrive at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport or Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand to start travel to Darjeeling.
Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station in West Bengal at an elevation of 2050 meters is famous for its tea plantations. It is Home to Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that makes each visitor experience spectacular visuals of the Majestic Himalayas. The chilling weather and soothing atmosphere of the place guarantees to leave every visitor mesmerized.
Here on reach, check-in to the hotel. Go to the Mall to shop in Darjeeling in the evening. Have a overnight stay.
- The Day Two is simply a Darjeeling Local Sightseeing from morning to move to the popular Tiger Hill at 11 km distance to experience a sunrise like never before. Keep eyes on dense jungle of oak and magnolia, find and enjoy a sunrise over Kangchenjunga Peak. Tiger Hill is popular to give a panoramic scenary of Mount Everest and Mount Kanchenjunga jointly. As the initial rays of the sun strike the place, you open to watch the twin peaks of Kanchenjunga painted in shades of pink & orange. After witnessing this breathpicking sunrise, go back to Darjeeling. Via, see Ghoom Monastery, War memorial & Batasia Loop. This is an age old monastery, fame for its spiritual ambience, wonderful thangkas and alluring surroundings. The monastery has more significance for Buddhists as it preserves few of the rare Buddhist manuscripts. Batasia Loop is the right host to Darjeeling Himalayan toy train, that passes through the place in a loop-like pattern. Close to Batasia loop, positioned a war memorial dedicated to the brave soldiers who had their lives lost for the country during wars and operations after independence. On coming to the hotel, take your breakfast and lead for your 2nd round of sightseeing. Come to Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, famous for its exotic flora & fauna. Go to Peace Pagoda, one more big tourist attraction of Darjeeling is a belief of symbol of peace & spirituality. This Buddhist temple and monastery at Peace pagoda is in traditional Japanese style offering serene ambience to meditate. Due to the spirit of mountaineering, you truly can’t miss seeing the famous Himalayan Mountaineering Institute. Feel the beautiful views of the tea plantations and snow-curtained peaks with a Cable Ride heads you to the beautiful Rangit Valley from Darjeeling. Here lies the real beauty of Darjeeling of Tea Estates. Forget not to visit places like Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center and Natural History Museum. Now return to the hotel and make a shopping around the mall in the evening and later Stay overnight.
- This is the third day heading to Gangtok & Half Day Sight Seeing. Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning as one takes 96km distance tour up to Gangtok. It is a well-known Buddhist pilgrimage site nestled amid the high peaks of the Himalayas at an height of 1600m. This location allures tourists from all around the world to explore its unhanded beauty. Lakes, monasteries, gardens, Gangtok is full of something for each tourist. Gangtok has pleasant cliamte all round the year, which is why, people flow to the place to enjoy some time amidst natural wonder all through the year. On reach, check-in to the hotel and head for sightseeing at popular tourist attractions of Gangtok. Do Drul Chorten Stupa is one among the most significant Stupas in the state of Sikkim. The stupa has intricate architecture that leaves every tourist mesmerized. Placed on a scenic hill above Gangtok, Enchey Monastery is one of the top attractions of Gangtok. It is trusted that the monastery is of the Nyingma order of Vajrayana Buddhism. The place where the monastery is situated is trusted to be blessed by Lama Drupthob Karpo, an expert in tantric art of Buddhism. Enchey Monastery is wonderfully decorated featuring alluring pictures of the deities Buddha, Loki Sharia, & Guru Padmasambhava. YOu can get a number of masks in the monastery that are used during the yearly religious dances. Take a visit to attractions such as Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom, Research Institute of Tibetology, White Hall & Flower Show. Finally head back to the hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure and off overnight at the hotel.
- The Day 4 is an Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir at 38km and 54 kms distance. A tranquil & scenic lake is Tsomgo is also the most famous attractions of Gangtok. It is at an elevation of 3780 m, this glacial lake is thought to be holy by Sikkimese people. Lies there a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, situated on the banks of the lake. The place is a heaven for bird watchers as find to see a number of Brahmini ducks and migratory birds near the lake. At a distance of around 16 km from Tsomgo Lake located is Baba Mandir. It is a famous pilgrim center, Baba Mandir is relied to hold wish fulfilling powers. The shrine is constructed in the memory of Baba Harbhajan Singh, who was an Indian Army soldier and had his death near Nathula Pass. It is trusted that he is still ‘on duty’ for the Indian Army and he secures the lives of soldiers deputed on the India-China border. One may go visiting Nathula Pass, at a distance 20 km from the shrine. At return to Gangtok and stay overnight at the hotel.
- The last and fifth day is Departure from Gangtok to Siliguri. Take some breakfast and then head for Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station at 119 km or Bagdogra Airport at 126 km or Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand at 113 km to take your onward journey.